So you’ve caught the dreaded “common cold.” 😷 Being sick in general sucks, but being sick in college, where your mom can’t pull you out of class or make you chicken noodle soup is quite possibly the worst. Especially if attendance effects your grade. During my entire first semester of college I was blessed to not catch any of the illnesses that were spreading threw out campus, however this semester I have already caught that achy, stuffy cold where your this mix of too hot and too cold all. the. time. There are a few tips I can give you for surviving any bout of illness you may fall into.
- Healthy eating is vital. 🍎🍊🍌🍓As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Drink chicken broth. 🐔 I don’t currently have any 😞 but if I did I would be having that all the freaking time. Did you know theirs actually something in chicken broth that helps to prevent and combat the flu? Cool right!
- Drink tea and water! 💧☕️ Water is great to keep you hydrated, and tea is great when you’re sick of the tasteless, clear liquid known as water.
- Relax! Overworking yourself when you’re body is fighting an illness is never a good idea. Netflix and chill with yourself. Take some you time and bing watch your favorite show, don’t push yourself beyond your limits. The more stress you put on yourself the longer it will take you to get better.
- Take meds if needed. 💊 I’m one of those people that likes to not take medicine and complain about how miserable I am. However, in the past few years I’ve begun to break down and take meds because it make myself and everyone I’m around happier.
This is how I have been surviving my first time being sick without my mother around, I hope you find these tips to be useful and am sending you all healthy vibes.